Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dream Catcher

I don't know a person alive that doesn't have a dream. If you don't have one, you've either given up on it or you're dead. It occurred to me that if all of us have these dreams and aspirations why don't we follow them. We choose to give up before we ever start and live these boring, safe, cookie cutter lives. Why? What happened to the true pursuit of happiness? 
My Uncle left yesterday. He and my cousin decided to walk to California. No money.  No car. Just bags and dreams. He wants to produce music and said he's not coming back until he gets what he went for. Now don't get me wrong, I understand why we all don't take chances like this. But why don't we try for even the little things? He made me realize that I can never get to all the places I want to go by playing it safe. Life is for the living so why are we not living?
I decided today that I am going to go for my dreams and I am not going to let anything stop me, and I do mean NO THING.
I'm so excited at just the thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment