Thursday, September 2, 2010

Artists Feature- Miss Brache

Yay, my first artist feature! I had the opportunity to interview the lovely Diane of Miss Brache from etsy. Who, might I add is both fab and gorgeous! I was so excited because I have admired her work for so long. 
J: Where are you from?
D: I'm was born and raised in Miami, FL. My parents are Cuban and Puerto Rican.
J: How long have you been designing?
D: Since I was a little girl. I have as long as I remember been making clothing for myself or my dolls. At 11 I made outfits out of paper grocery bags for my 3 cousins, my sister and myself. We then had a fashion show for the family. I can't find those photos anywhere:(

J: What is your favorite piece and why?
D: Right now, my wedding dress. Why, well it my wedding dress:) I've been working on it all Summer. It has been the biggest project I've ever done and most difficult. The main problem was the fact that I do this for a living, so I had waaaaay to many ideas. I never was the kind of girl that dreamed of my wedding dress so that made it even harder.

J: Where do you draw inspiration from?
D: From going out and doing stuff. Movies, dancing, dog park, family parties, anything where there are people. I'm always watching people and looking at their seam lines, shape and color of garment. I think I could make her look better if it where more like this or I think that dress is very flattering because of the waistline placement and so on. I hope I don't freak people out when I'm out on the streets, I'm just being inspired by them:)

J:What do you feel makes you different from the designer?
D: I like to design to make people feel happy with who they are and bring out what they like about their shape. Women are always thinking negatively about how they look. When they are in something that makes them feel pretty they shine. I feel like any woman can shine, no matter her shape. I design to make women feel beautiful just the way they are.

J: If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only take 3 things with you what would they be?
D: Machete or Saber of sorts
Musical Instrument (can't play any, but it would be a good time to learn)
Very Large Towel

Jay =)

No comments:

Post a Comment