Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Routine

So I joined a growth challenge on naturallycurly.com about two weeks ago. Mostly because I knew if I didn't make some kind of commitment to do something with it soon I would end up with some bad breakage...I was getting too lazy. So from now until April I'm going to be making it a point to keep my routine and wear a lot of protective styles. I went a head and put my hair in genie locs last Wednesday, and while I was doing I discovered I'm actually to armpit length....that's what's up.

I'd never done a length check before so needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. Especially since I'm not even at two years yet. So here's my routine:
1. Wash: weekly/bi-weekly (depending on my hairstyle and how my hair feels)
2. DC: weekly/bi-weekly
3. Seal: acv rinse and my leave in
4. Moisturize: every other day with my water, shea/oil mix
5. Wear protective styles 
6. Vitamins: Flax seed oil, biotin, glycerin, omega 3,6,9, multi, and garlic
7. Exercise daily
 Now about these yarn braids....I've been on the fence for a while now about locs and I gotta say these are really pushing me in that direction. I'm really feelin the way they look, so don't be surprised if you see me locking it up sometime soon lol. I think I'll keep these in till the end of next month. My head has been itching like crazy and I know I'm not allergic to yarn so I have no idea why but it's driving me nuts!

1 comment: