Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Artists Feature: Strawberry Couture

It is starting to get cold out....or in some places it already is, and I just had to feature Ms. Lenore of Strawberry Couture. I've adored her hat's for a hot minute now and knew it was time to share that with you.
J: Where are you from and how do your surrounding affect your creative process??
 L:  I am originally from Ann Arbor, MI. Most of my ideas come between asleep and awake. I can ponder all day on a new idea. When I am about to fall asleep, the idea becomes clear.
J:  How long have you been designing and what is your favorite piece, why?
L: I have been designing officially designing since 2006. Designs itself have been forming in my head my whole life! The hat above, The Black Cloche is my favorite and best selling piece. There are so many ways to wear it as can be seen here: 
I have 2 of them in hot rose and toasted almond.
J: Where do you draw inspiration from?
L: Inspiration comes from everywhere and anywhere. They come at the wrong time for instance when I am washing dishes, an idea I saw on TV or a picture at a shop for a split second. Sometimes I will try to follow a pattern. I often have trouble following those so I make up my own version of it. Other times I have an idea in my head, once I finish the project, it will come out to be something else but better!

J: What do you feel makes you different from the next designer?
L: I feel different from others because I do not follow patterns; never have and never will. I will use them as a guideline. I often get request for patterns of my hats, but I choose not to. It's like asking shop owners where they buy their supplies. They WILL NOT tell you. It's my trade secret! I may give some guidelines, but I will leave it up to artists to come with their own material like I had to.

J: If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only take 3 things with you what would they be?
L: If I was stranded on a desert island, I would take my busy bag(bag of crochet yarn and needles), cell phone, and hubby. 
Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment